Nora AbdelsalamBusiness Development Manager
- Business opportunity scouting and lead generation
- Market intelligence and ecosystem mapping
- Program conceptualization and design
- Content development and technical writing
- Producing high quality consulting proposals
- Client and partner relations management
- Knowledge management
- Excellent communication and language skills
- Developing marketing materials
- BA Faculty of Languages, Ain Shams University
- Major: Chinese, Minor: Spanish
Nora is a person of broad-ranging interests and experience, who enjoys applying analysis and creativity to problem solving and program design. She has extensive experience in the government and development aid sector and has developed a deep understanding of the challenges and the untapped potential of the innovation landscape in Egypt. Her diverse and multicultural background and articulate communication skills, as well as her eagerness to connect with people, give her an insight into development needs and help her come up with the best way to serve each client and beneficiary and find suitable innovative solutions for each project for example for the EU, UNIDO, the Social Fund for Development, the ministry of International Cooperation, the ministry of Industry and Trade, the Egyptian National Cleaner Production Center, SODIC, Al Fanar, etc.
Her previous experience includes acting as Marketing Manager for Schaduf, a company specializing in innovative agricultural techniques, and conducting market analysis for Nielsen, as well as an entrepreneurial endeavor in the gourmet dessert catering business. In her early years of education, she moved between different schooling systems in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Germany, culminating in a German Abitur Degree from the German school in Cairo (DEO), after which she decided to further explore her love for languages and cultures, and went on to earn a degree in Chinese language from the Faculty of Languages (El Alsun).