- May 11, 2023
- Posted by: innovety
- Category: Chatbots News
And there’s still no way to know how much you’re going to pay for them, since the prices are only revealed after you go through a few sales demos with the Intercom team. They’ve been marketing themselves as a messaging platform right from the beginning. Competitors App helps marketers monitor their competitors’ marketing moves in one place, with very little time investment. It’s clear to notice that Zendesk has a bigger number of social followers on Facebook and Twitter and bigger changes to get more appreciation from its audience than Drift, for example.
- This article will compare Intercom vs Zendesk, outlining each tool’s features, ease-of-use, pricing and plans, pros and cons, and user-support options.
- You can share automated surveys to allow them to rate their support experience instantly.
- You can convert the Intercom conversations into Zendesk tickets.
- The chat enables you to send targeted, behavior based Zendesk messages to customers.
- They still have the same logic, you can still send messages based on things users did or didn’t do, or maybe properties, and tackle different aspects of email.
- The ability to see the customer’s e-mail address in dialog mode instead of looking through a form would be a useful feature as well — in this regard, it would be wise to take some notes from Intercom.
All interactions with customers, be it via phone, chat, email, social media, or any other channel, are landing in one dashboard, where your agents can solve them fast and efficiently. Basically, if you have a complicated customer support process, go with Zendesk for its help desk functionality. If you’re a sales-oriented corporation, go with Intercom for its automation options. Both tools can be quite heavy on your budget, since they’re mainly targeting big enterprises and don’t offer their full toolset at an affordable price. Intercom, although a leading customer service software, isn’t specifically designed for ecommerce businesses.
Zendesk vs. Intercom: Features comparison
The trigger feature reduces cart abandonment and increases conversions. It plans on using this funding to research machine learning technology instead of just lining their own pockets. If you’re looking for a dedicated support tool, Crisp may not be your best option.
What is the competitive advantage of Zendesk?
Consistently highest ROI
Zendesk offers an omnichannel solution that gives you the tools to improve customer support and boost your ROI. In a 2021 study by Forrester, Zendesk for enterprise increased the ROI of some businesses by 286 percent over a three-year period.
With help centers in place, it’s easier for your customers to reliably find answers, tips, and other important information in a self-service manner. Intercom does not offer a native call center tool, so it cannot handle calls through a cloud-based phone system or calling app on its own. However, you can connect Intercom with over 40 compatible phone and video integrations. Intercom recently ramped up its features to include helpdesk and ticketing functionality. Zendesk, on the other hand, started as a ticketing tool, and therefore has one of the market’s best help desk and ticket management features. If you’re exploring popular chat support tools Zendesk and Intercom, you may be trying to understand which solution is right for you.
Pricing for Intercom
There are also several different Shopify integrations to choose from, as well as CRM integrations like HubSpot and Salesforce. You get call recording, muting and holding, conference calling, and call blocking. Zendesk also offers callback requests, call monitoring and call quality notifications, among other telephone tools. Intercom’s dashboards may not be as aesthetically pleasing as Zendesk’s, but they still allow users to navigate their tools with few distractions. Zendesk has more pricing options, and its most affordable plan is likely cheaper than Intercom’s, although without exact Intercom numbers, it is not easy to truly know the cost. For those of you who have been waiting for the big showdown between these two customer support heavyweights, we are glad to present the ultimate Zendesk vs Intercom comparison article.
You could technically consider Intercom a CRM, but it’s really more of a customer-focused communication product. It isn’t as adept at purer sales tasks like lead management, list engagement, advanced reporting, forecasting, and workflow management as you’d expect a more complete CRM to be. Intercom does just enough that smaller businesses could use it as a standalone CRM or supplement it with a simpler CRM at a lower pricing tier, but bigger companies may not be satisfied with Intercom alone. The highlight of Zendesk’s ticketing software is its omnichannel-ality (omnichannality?). Whether agents are facing customers via chat, email, social media, or good old-fashioned phone, they can keep it all confined to a single, easy-to-navigate dashboard.
Intercom vs. Zendesk: Comparing features, integrations, and pricing
We believe your customers shouldn’t be dragged into the world of a help desk solution. They just want help, they don’t
care about the software you use. Zendesk has a number of pricing plans to choose from, depending on your needs and usage. However, every Zendesk plan costs more than Enchant’s one plan (as of Apr 2022), so you’ll always pay more if you use Zendesk. Both Enchant and Zendesk charge per seat, meaning you are billed for the number of people that need to log in and provide support to your customers. Enchant, on the other hand, is made for small and medium businesses.
For Intercom, it’s the opposite as ticket management appears to be a complementary feature. Once, the ticket is created, customers get a notification that their issue or request has been received and registered. Meanwhile, robust ticketing features such as ticket routing, time tracking, CSAT ratings, service level agreements, etc. ensure your agents are always a step ahead. The interface appears modern, easier to set up, and your agents can dive right into it. ProProfs claims that their tool does not require any heavy training or coding skills and can be easily set up in minutes.
- When it comes to advanced workflows and ticketing systems, Zendesk boasts a more full-featured solution.
- Also, check out our hands-on video demo so you can see them in action…
- The marketing has been quite good, despite what was a confusing product set.
- Powered by Explore, Zendesk’s reporting capabilities are pretty impressive.
- Their users can create a knowledge repository to create articles or edit existing ones as per the changes in the services or product.
- Zendesk’s core feature has always been its ticketing system, and it remains the industry’s finest.
Help Scout on the other hand can be best described as a customer-centric tool. They have done an incredible job at building somewhat of a community around their software. Intercom is better designed for metadialog.com smaller companies and teams, while Zendesk is suitable for large companies to skyrocket customer support. In addition, Intercom offers omnichannel inbox, robust reporting, and automated workflows.
What is Zendesk?
Therefore, a helpdesk with a good inbox can make your team efficient in solving problems. Both solutions provide a campaign tool, live chat, and a knowledge base. We will compare those customer service solutions in terms of functionality and price.
- With Zendesk, companies can manage customer interactions across multiple channels, build lasting customer relationships and improve customer engagement.
- We’re big fans of Zendesk’s dashboard with built-in collaboration tools, but we wish the Agent Workspace came with the Team or Growth plans–not just Professional.
- If you can have all of the pieces of your jigsaw from the same place, why would you go anywhere else?
- It’s very unlikely that this sophisticated tool will disappoint you.
- You could technically consider Intercom a CRM, but it’s really more of a customer-focused communication product.
- Intercom has a unique pricing structure, offering three separate solutions, each intended for a distinct use case.
Why choose Intercom?
If you have a website or a web-based product, on desktop and/or mobile you can use Intercom to: Speed and scale like never before with automated customer service – Free your team from repetitive questions using automated chatbots. Maximize team efficiency with AI-powered tools.